Wednesday, January 15, 2014

From The Start


From The Start

I spent some time in the Marine Corps,
and as a result I traveled a lot,
to the regret of my two daughters whom were of innocent age.
They could not over-stand why daddy had to be gone.
As I tried to change frowns into smiles I tried to explain how I did it for them,
the cloth that they wear,
the shoes on their feet,
the bed they slept in as they cried themselves to sleep;
wondering where is daddy?
Because,
 they yearn to hear daddy’s voice,
and feel daddy’s presents.

The presents I brought,
were of no significance,
because with daddy being gone they felt like I deserted them.
You see,
money don’t make a man,
though man makes money,
and money can’t be replace for love,
and this is where it gets funny;
because,
their mother and I ended up saying our goodbyes,
though to my daughters I’ve been gone from the start.

Now child support starts,
and I was gladly giving it from my heart.
But,
the girls weren’t getting the child support they need for their hearts.
They say a good man provides money for the life that he starts;
but do you really think that matters when you stabbing you kids in the heart?
When your daughters are growing up thinking you didn’t love them from the start?
There is no rewind so know this,
girls,
 I loved you from the start,
 and today,
I give you my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment